Leopard Strategy - Siyu's Hybrid Stock Pick

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A quick Portfolio Review

A quick review starts from recent trading activities - I sold the remaining 1/3 RICK at $9.75 (bought at $6.6) , sold ASFI at $34.70 (bought at $32.30), and sold ESLR at $10.00 (bought at $7.7) recently, and here is my current holdings:

Holdings:
Large Cap (>10B): COP
Small Cap (<100m): MMG, UTK, DAGM
Medium Cap (anything in between): OVTI, NTE, SCSS
Others: QID


Regarding PALM, it had an amazing ride, and I clearly missed the boat. The recent rumor that Nokia considers buying PALM drives the price too high, and way above my comfort zone. I mentioned in my previous post, that PALM is an ideal M&A target, maybe Nokia management read my analysis :-).

So, I sold quite significant porportion of the portfolio, what's next? To be honest, I don't know. My current plan is to hold cash and wait until the market direction is clear. I will take some time to screen some stock candidates this weekend. Always good to be prepared.

I still like RICK and ASFI. They remain my top candidates, and I will try to buy them back once the market weakness settles.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Hi siyu,

    hope you are doing good. thanks for the comments in the previous blog.

    I have a question about Novastar (NFI). It took a beating today because of Cramers negative comments, but if this company survices dont you think its a good buy. Its got a hell of a dividend (132%). Or am i missing something here?

    http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=NFI

    Thanks
    Sam

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 14, 2007 3:28 AM  

  • Sam:

    Sorry about the delay. I was away for some time.

    For NFI, the dividend is no longer a fair factor to evaluate the stock. as for NFI, I don't have sufficient information to make a case for or against it.

    Siyu

    By Blogger Siyu LI, at March 28, 2007 12:05 AM  

  • Good for people to know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 10, 2008 9:12 PM  

  • I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information. I'll definitely add this great post in my article section.

    By Anonymous Stock Pick Strategies, at May 16, 2011 4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home