Leopard Strategy - Siyu's Hybrid Stock Pick

Saturday, December 30, 2006

RICK, New Year 2007

To a few of you who recently concerned about RICK, I hope you had held tight, and enjoyed +20% ride in the last week. Recommending at $5.8 in my last post, I also bought an extra 1/2 unit, that is 20% profit, not bad for the last week of 2006.

RICK posted a good fiscal 2006 report, with a promising future outlook. In short, this is a company with P/E less than 20, and with exponential growth ahead. There maybe a number of ways to make profit on this stock, I will try to hold RICK for long term - I feel RICK has the potential to become a $100 million market cap stock in a few years - that's 3 times today's market cap!

NYSE/Nasdaq will be closed next Tuesday to mark President Gerald Ford's funeral. Do you know quite a few prominent politicans started their career in Ford's adminstration? Including Alan Greenspan, the greatest Fed Reserve Chairman in 20th century, was Chairman of CEA under Ford. That was Greenspan's first gov post.

So this is a long 4-day weekend to me. In the next 3 days, I will think about my investment strategy for 2007. I am excited about this early planning, and couldn't wait to do so. I will certainly share my thoughts with you. So stay tune.

Last but not the least, to all my blog readers, Our family wishes you a happy new year. Let us have a prospectus 2007, at least a profitable one!

3 Comments:

  • Happy New Year to your family too Siyu! Cant wait to read your 2007 outlook. I always read your blog, but only rarely comment. I'll change that next year :)

    Sam

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 31, 2006 4:12 AM  

  • Happy New year and best wishes for 2007.
    I have followed your blog and ace trader for the last about 8 months and have made good money on your stock picks.
    My portfolio is up 42% for the year.
    At present I have 10000 shares of rick at 5.69 and 5000 shares of NTE at 12.50 and 5000 shares of OPWV at 8. Only loosing stock is 4000 shares of UTK at 14.
    My main question is your blog suggests nasdaq will go down 5 to 10% before going up and ace trader suggests we are in bull market.
    I have 2000 shares of qid at 51 and 1000 shares of axr short at 125.
    Looking at the chart of nasdaq I also believe that nasdaq will touch a support level of about 2200 before resuming uptrend.
    Any comment from you will be greatly appriciated.
    Gus

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 31, 2006 10:48 AM  

  • Sam: Good to hear from you.

    Gus: I hope my "Investment Outlook 2007 series" gives you some ideas.

    To begin with, I have reservation to short index in general. When we refer to bull / bear market, the balance point shall be equal to annual interest rate, about 5% for now.

    So when shorting an index, you break even when the index goes down 5% annually(2.5% for QID). Checking the statistics, that's a bet you can hardly win in long term.

    Certainly, it is a different story for short-term trading. I think QID may go up a little bit, (I have 200 shares of it, $52.5) but I won't hold it longer than 1 month, plan to sell with 5%-7% profit.

    By Blogger Siyu LI, at January 01, 2007 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home