Leopard Strategy - Siyu's Hybrid Stock Pick

Monday, February 12, 2007

A quick portfolio overview

A quite volatile day on my portfolio.

Both NTE and MMG are down over 5%, while RICK, ASFI, DAGM and OVTI are up over 5% today. This is the beauty of diversity, despite 2 disappointments, my portoflio hold well in an otherwise pretty weak market today.

Let us take a moment to review all my stocks in my investment portfolio, and some recent transactions.

Holdings:
Large Cap (>10B): COP
Small Cap (<100m): MMG, RICK, UTK, DAGM
Medium Cap (anything in between): ASFI, OVTI, NTE, SCSS, ESLR
Others: QID

Recent Transactions:
Sold: INTC (Intel) at $21.20, PALM at $13.75
Bought: OVTI at at $12.20, ASFI at $32.20, ESLR at $7.70, MMG at $2.95.

PALM was sold cheap, and right after my sale, it had quite a ride (currently closed at $15.50). That was a mistake. Otherwise, 3 buys (except MMG) look pretty good so far, I will hold them for a while.

RICK: becomes the star, and is the largest holding in my portfolio. a long term hold.

QID: If you haven't yet felt the weakness in the market, you shall take a look again. A simple advice to follow - when you buy a stock now, consider buying QID in half dollar value, a hedge against the market weakness, if you believe the market is turning weak. (QID double short QQQ)

NTE: It is a value player, but I felt it could go lower from here. Be patient, let us pick this one at dirty cheap price.

MMG: I am more interested in this speclative player now. I will add more if it dares to drop close to $2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home