Leopard Strategy - Siyu's Hybrid Stock Pick

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Year of Golden Pig, RICK and Jae

2007, year of Golden Pig, which symbolizes good luck and wealth, occurs once every 60 years. I wish you a happy new year. (comes later, last Saturday was the new year eve)

First, let me review one of my recent transactions. I sold PALM (Palm) after Apple announces its iPhone entry into smartphone market, and bought ASFI (Asta Funding) as one of my picks in my Year 2007 Outlook Series.

Both had a strong ride after the transactions, are up about 15% and 12% respectively. I currently reconsider buying PALM (surprise, I usually let it go, and rarely do that), as I felt my previous analysis remains true. I also find a similar mind that presents the thinking process well here. Note: not in a rush to buy, I will wait for some pull back. Stay tuned.

I sold another 1/3 RICK at $10.98, with about 90% profit (bought at $5.8 two months ago, when Gus asked my opinion about RICK, weeks after I first recommended it at $6.5). Wish all the RICK holders enjoy this ride. I still think highly of the company, which demonstrates a very strong management team, and steady growth. (They know the industry well, and know what they are doing). If the price drops 15 - 20%, I will load up again, if it continues to go up, I am still a happy RICK shareholder :-).

Speak of RICK, I have to mention my friend Jaewoo, not because he enjoys night club (he does), or he first introduces RICK to me (he did that too), but, as a colon cancer patient, he is currently fighting for his life in the hospital. Please join me to prayer for him.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home