Leopard Strategy - Siyu's Hybrid Stock Pick

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sold NTE, bought PALM, and COP

I sold half my position in Nam Tai Electronics (NTE) at $16.37 today, and bought Palm (PALM) at $14.08. I continue to balance my portfolio allocation at 50% cash and 50% equity.

NTE has a good ride, and go up over 30% since Sep. I have a uncertain feeling on this stock now - and decide to unload half of my position with a small loss (i bought around $17). I am very excited about the opportunity PALM presents at this point, I will write this stock in details in my next post. Stay tune!

Revisiting the post I wrote about ConocoPhilips (COP) in Sep, it is closed above $66 today, 11% higher than the price I recommended and bought in Sep. Also note that the crude oil price fluctuates a lot recently, and current price is comparatively low in this year. What COP's price will be if crude oil price goes up? I still recommend oil industry as a great long term and defensive investment vehicle.

3 Comments:

  • thoughts on SCSS please!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 01, 2006 2:17 PM  

  • Siyu- What are your typical lot sizes? $20K, 15K? You seem to be really good and making pre-emptive moves on the market.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 01, 2006 11:43 PM  

  • Anonymous 1:
    See my latest post. I would have written PALM first if you didn't ask :-)

    Anonymous 2:
    Thanks for the compliments. My typical unit size is 7K - 12K. Make exceptions once a while, if the case is really solid.

    To both: Welcome back. Please introduce yourself next time, would love to have some personal touch.

    By Blogger Siyu LI, at December 02, 2006 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home