Leopard Strategy - Siyu's Hybrid Stock Pick

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

TGT, ANF and NTE again

ANF was closed at $63.2 today, about 20% higher than the price when I recommended on July18. Today's 14% jump is due to an unexpected strong 2nd quarter report and full year forecast. If you read my previous post, I predicted its strong numbers, and 20% stock price increase by 3Q. It came earlier than I expected. I sold all ANF shares today.

TGT was closed at $49.3 today. I recommended when it was $45.5 on July18, 10% higher in 1 month!

We do have one disappointing little brother - NTE was closed at $15 today, almost 25% lower than the price on July 19, when I recommended. I indeed doubled my position when it went down to $17. (A little too early). I am not buying more, as my position already reaches my portfolio limit for one single stock (never put too many eggs in one basket).

Also, I am cautious about the market trend in the next 3-6 months. I am slowly selling my portfolio now (today's ANF sell is a part of the activities). While it is never smart to predict the market trend, I try to adjust my portfolio to 50% cash and 50% equity - to be prepared.

3 Comments:

  • Siyu:

    We are buying NTE for Acetraders portfolio (real money). I will be updating our performance figures soon and our portfolio is up over 50% in 2006 so far! NTE will help close this year with a bang! Check my site for info.

    By Blogger Jaewoo, at August 17, 2006 9:40 PM  

  • We just bought NTE for Acetrader portfolio today at $14.97 (740 shares). Did you enjoy the XMSR ride?

    By Blogger Jaewoo, at August 23, 2006 9:27 PM  

  • At this price, NTE bears very little risk, not to mention its 5-7% dividends!

    20% profit in a few days, amazing ride for XMSR. I think XMSR has yet to prove that they are heading towards a profitable business. may consider writing my thoughts about it this weekend.

    By Blogger Siyu LI, at August 25, 2006 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home