Leopard Strategy - Siyu's Hybrid Stock Pick

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

NTE

What do you need most in this market right now? Cash and patience. You need both to get great deals. Here is one today.

I recommended NTE a few days ago when it was around $20. It was closed at $16 today!
This is a steal with virturally no downside risk. I bought a bunch, and double my position when it was $17. If you buy tomorrow, you will get a better deal than I do.

The market has been irrational for a while, many stock went down sharply just on a not-so-perfect quarterly reports. NTE is one, WFMI (Whole Foods) is another. It went down over 10% this week, closed around $51. I admire this company - a truly customer-oriented company. we shop grocery there 2-3 times a month, employees are polite and has the great sense of ownership. (think of Walmart).

2 Comments:

  • sorry for the late reply.

    NTE fundamentally doesn't change at all.

    a lower margin, a smaller dividend,
    does that justify this over 30% drop?

    Not to mention its leading position in this market, its expansion plan, and steady revenue increase.

    Is there any concern? Yes. Its stock price volatility is partly attributed to its senior management's trading activities, as well as its weak PR.

    At this price, i am willing to bet on it in a 6-12 month term. Let us see at next quarter.

    By Blogger Siyu LI, at August 10, 2006 8:32 PM  

  • Siyu:

    I have been looking at this too. Waited patiently. I think it is time for me to slowly get in. I will be talking about this on my blog tomorrow. Hiking again soon?

    By Blogger Jaewoo, at August 16, 2006 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home